Everything you do or don’t do is a result of a belief you have about something. If you believe exercise is “hard,” you will subconsciously resist doing it. If you believe the cookie or the donut “isn’t so bad,” then there is nothing in your mind to stop you from having “just one.” Some beliefs we have are a result of personal experience, but many are “programmed” into us by television, magazines, internet, radio, newspapers, teachers, preachers, family, friends, relatives, etc. The media outlets don’t even try to hide it. They call themselves TV “programs” and radio “programming.” They are doing a great job. Look around at the people following the media’s “current events.” Are those people happy and healthy? Are they basing all their daily conversations and decisions on their established personal value systems, ethics, and morality? Or are they just being lead around by the nose ring by someone trying to get them to say something, text something, repeat something, do something or buy something? Look at your current beliefs about the happenings in the world. Are they really your own personal beliefs?
You will never be more, do more, or have more than you believe you deserve. Who established your limits for what you believe you could be or should be? Your parents, your teachers, or your friends? If you believe what they have programmed into you, you will never go beyond those limits? You see, our personal Ego always wants to be “right.” If you think money is the root of all evil, or rich people cheated their way to the top, you will do everything in your power to make sure you don’t accumulate wealth. Nobody wants to be seen as evil or a cheat. If you think healthy people are just lucky or they’re “health nuts,” you will never create the behaviors that it takes to be truly healthy. You will actually engage in behaviors to make sure you are not healthy. Who wants to be seen as crazy, right?
If you evaluate your life, you will see the results of your past beliefs. If you like where you are, where you are heading and what you are teaching your children and grandchildren, keep it going! If on the other hand, you don’t like where you are or the direction you are headed, you must change your beliefs. Behaviors will NEVER change unless the belief behind the behavior changes FIRST. If you need help changing, please come to our free monthly health and wellness classes. If you are really ready to make this year the year you actually accomplish your New Year’s resolution, please contact the office for information on our 12 month lifestyle program. It will be one of the most life changing decisions you have ever made. “BELIEVE ME!”
1. Always choose belief systems that are congruent with your values as you will always engage in self-talk that is congruent with your belief systems. Self-talk is the manifestation of your thoughts, and your thoughts determine your emotions. Thoughts and emotions determine your actions.
2. Always choose to believe it is best to engage in self-talk that is focused on present and future solutions and opportunities.
3. Always evaluate your belief systems and self-talk by asking “is this congruent with my innate values?” or “is this enriching my life and lives of other?” or “is this reflective of unconditional love of myself and others?”
4. Always choose positive, optimistic, grateful, and empowering belief systems and self-talk – choose congruent self-talk.
5. Create a daily affirmation self talk routine that is present these, positive, and emotional. “I am a loving, kind, honest person and I feel proud of myself for choosing to be this way.” “Doing the right thing is easy for me and that makes me fell confident, happy, and relaxed.” When doing your affirmations adopt a confident posture, use a confident, truthful, emotional tone of voice and choose to believe yourself.
Repeat your affirmations out loud at least three times per day and make a video of yourself and watch it at night.
Examples - Think Well Affirmations
God loves you just as you are. He also loves you enough not to leave you there. Growth is an essential part of life. Like all things in nature, if you stop growing, you begin dying.
James 4 – “You have not, because you ask not.”
Speak these affirmations daily to grow closer to God. Like any father, God wants the most for his children, Let’s start asking for more.
I AM WORTHY OF THE BEST THAT LOVE AND LIFE HAVE TO OFFER.
I FORGIVE MYSELF AND OTHERS FOR ALL THE WRONGS DONE TO ME AND I TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY OWN LIFE.
I KNOW WHO I AM WHEN I LOVE MYSELF UNCONDITIONALLY.
I AM CONTENT AND BLESSED TO BE ME.
I JOYFULLY RELEASE THE PAST AND EXPECT THE BEST NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.
MY LIFE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF SYNCHRONICITY AND FLOW.
I LEARN FROM ALL MY LIFE EXPERIENCES INCLUDING THE DIFFICULT AND PAINFUL ONE.
I AM IN CONTROL OF MY OWN LIFE.
I TRUST THE CHOICES I MAKE.
I WELCOME CHANGES IN MY LIFE.
I RELAX, DO MY BEST AND SEE THE BEAUTY IN MY LIFE.
I GIVE MY WHOLE SPIRIT TO LIFE AND MY WHOLE LIFE TO SPIRIT.